Travel Loving Parents

My very clever and talented daughter from the Wandering Darlings wrote this lovely post about us, her Travel Loving Parents, so naturally I just had to share it with you. Spoiler alert – it’s touching, heartfelt and moving.

I’m proud of our daughters and believe that taking them travelling when they were young really helped shape them, and taught us many lessons, but believe me it wasn’t always easy! Hosting Rotary Exchange Students from all over the world has been a real joy and something we’re still very much involved in today.

Yes we do love travelling and we know we are fortunate to do what we do. Life is full of opportunities and sometimes you just have to grab them and go!

If you enjoy reading Melanie’s post, please feel free to leave a comment over on the Wandering Darlings site, rather than mine. She deserves the credit, not me!

I enjoyed reading it very much – as I’m sure you can imagine 🙂

thewanderingdarlings

My parents have recently retired which, when they are still in their very early 60s/late 50s is really bloody early. I had like 5 mins worrying about what they would do with this new found freedom of the daily grind then I realised they are going to be even busier now than ever before.

You see my parents don’t sit still.

They get involved, they travel, they give back to the community, they find new places, they see different sides to places they already know, they challenge themselves.

I spoke to them last weekend and mum reeled off a list of everything they have planned till Christmas and every month they have something exciting planned in. New places, new experiences and new adventures and that on top of everything they have already done this year I just don’t know how they ever had time to work before.

Being the offspring…

View original post 1,158 more words

One thought on “Travel Loving Parents

1. July 31, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Traveling is a great family hangout,whenever in Doubt, travel.
    Great blog

2. July 31, 2017 at 6:39 pm

It’s such a great post Deb. I told Mel I wish I will be like you guys when I get older. I never want that love for discovery and exploration to leave me…. 🙂

3. July 31, 2017 at 9:40 pm

So sweet. Goosebumps. You are wonderful parents with a great family.

• July 31, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Thanks so much Jodi, it’s been a fun ride with them all so far but not without the hard bits too at times. Just like every family 🙂

4. July 31, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Thanks for sharing your daughters post, Debbie. Fabulous words! I’ve left a comment xx

5. September 19, 2017 at 6:49 am

What a wonderful tribute from your daughter. You gave her a wonderful gift with travel. It broadens the mind and I think, teaches compassion, as we see most people are more alike than different. Lovely.

6. September 20, 2017 at 9:11 am

Lovely words from your daughter!