Share Your World – 24 April 2018

Share Your World 24 April 2018

If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get?

I think I’d like to donate my endless food supply to those who are doing it tough in the world and help combat malnutrition in those countries where the lack of food is a real problem.

We have so much in our lives that we really want for nothing, compared to those less fortunate.

List at least five movies or books that cheer you up.

1. Love Actually
  2. Any book I can lose myself in
  3. WonderWoman
  4. Any apocalyptic movie ever made
  5. Any comedy that makes me laugh

If you were a mouse in your house in the evening, what would you see your family doing?

Not a lot of action for the mouse to see I’m afraid!  After dinner has been cooked, eaten and cleaned up the mouse would probably see my husband working on his computer making one of his Blurb books of our recent holidays and me working on my computer on my blog, or reading a book or working on the endless list of things to do before our big trip in less than 2 weeks time!

We could also be watching light TV or the Good Place on Netflix, such a brilliant series 🙂

What did you appreciate or what made you smile this past week?

We’ve thoroughly enjoyed having my mother and my aunt (from the UK) visiting for the past week.  We’ve taken them on a road trip around our area and showed off our favourite places.  It’s great being a tourist in your own town sometimes and seeing things you tend to take for granted through someone else’s eyes. My aunt is my father’s sister so in some ways it’s been like having a piece of dad with us.

We’re just back from a quick trip to Melbourne where we celebrated my brother-in-law’s milestone birthday – it was great fun!

My sister and her husband on his birthday

My sister and her husband

Our daughter has  passed the half way mark of her pregnancy and this has definitely made me smile 🙂

20 weeks

20 weeks

There’s lots going on and a lot to be thankful for!!

Thanks to Cee for the questions – I’m enjoying these posts! I never think too long about the answers, instead I tend to write the first thing that comes into my head, so it’s always a fun and spontaneous post 🙂

You can check out Cee’s post with her answers here and feel free to join in. I’d love to hear from you 🙂

Enjoy your week ahead!

Deb xx

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

Contact me

One thought on “Share Your World – 24 April 2018

1. April 24, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Nice light reading to start my day. Very chipper. Upbeat. A good reprieve from so much heavy reading.

• April 24, 2018 at 8:23 pm

That’s great to hear!! I like a light fun post every now and again too. We get so much heavy stuff at times don’t we? Have a good day ahead, it’s getting close to the end of the day here for us 🙂

2. April 24, 2018 at 8:36 pm

Lovely post. Got my day off to a positive start. And some great pics. Thanx

• April 24, 2018 at 8:41 pm

My pleasure Jill, so glad I could be a positive start to your day. It’s nearing the end of the day here for us so enjoy your day ahead 🙂

3. April 24, 2018 at 11:27 pm

I love that “Any apocalyptic movie ever made” can cheer you up!

• April 25, 2018 at 1:34 pm

Yes I know, I wondered if that would strike a chord with anyone. I think that there’s always something good that happens or comes out of it and I think I’ll be more prepared for the end of the world when it finally comes 🙂 Yes I know I’m weird !!

• April 25, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Always have a go bag. That’s what the best prepared people in most of these movies have.

4. April 25, 2018 at 12:58 am

Love actually always gets me smiling too🙂

5. April 25, 2018 at 1:35 am

Looks like you had an outstanding week. Thanks so much for sharing this week. 😀

• April 25, 2018 at 1:31 pm

It’s been a big week! Thanks for the opportunity to join in and share Cee, it’s always fun 🙂

6. April 25, 2018 at 8:08 am

Nice post! I love your answer to endless food.

7. April 25, 2018 at 8:29 am

A great week for you Deb and so exciting about the grandbaby. We have only about 6 weeks to go. I’ve not heard of the Good Place but will check it out. Our place would be pretty boring for a mouse at night too! Have a great week x

• April 25, 2018 at 9:52 am

Thanks Sue, it’s certainly been a busy time but now I HAVE to start packing. Hope all is going well 🙂

• April 25, 2018 at 9:53 am

I know you are almost into countdown mode. So exciting! Yes all well just had a bad cold for a week but feeling back to myself again today, thank goodness. I don’t make a very good patient! Enjoy! xx

8. Retirement Reflections
    April 25, 2018 at 12:20 pm

Thank you for sharing this slice of your life, Debbie. I love your positive nature….it’s contagious!

• April 25, 2018 at 1:22 pm

Thank you Donna for engaging with me and encouraging me. I love getting your comments. Unfortunately some went to spam last week, but never fear I recovered them 🙂

9. April 27, 2018 at 8:58 pm

Love Actually is a favourite for me too. We watch it every Christmas. Love this catch up post

• April 28, 2018 at 2:13 pm

Thanks Jennifer, they’re always fun posts with little planning required! I like the idea of sharing the world we live in this way. I can watch that movie anytime 🙂

10. Kathy Marris
    April 28, 2018 at 2:16 pm

It looks like there is a lot of good things happening in your life right now. A new grandchild will be a big thrill. I’m still waiting for my kidults to produce a grandchild!

• April 28, 2018 at 2:17 pm

Thanks Kathy, I know the feeling as I’ve been waiting for ages too, so yes it’s a particularly exciting time.

11. April 29, 2018 at 9:44 pm

Sounds like a Great week Deb!!!

12. April 30, 2018 at 12:29 am

These are good questions for an “about” page I think! I like the idea of always thinking about what we’re grateful for, specifically. Or how a visitor ( a mouse in this case) might view our weird and wonderful world. Thanks for sharing, Deb!

• April 30, 2018 at 6:26 pm

My pleasure Angela, I love the randomness of the questions each week too 🙂 They suit my random personality!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w