The Gift of Laughter
It’s the last Friday in the month so that means it’s time for our monthly linkup party all about our Word of the Year (WOTY). Join my co-hosts Jo, Sue and Donna and share your WOTY progress with us all.
My WOTY for 2022 is GIFT and I have had a wonderful time so far this year looking at the gifts in my life. It’s a form of gratitude and has made me look at the many gifts I’m lucky to have every day!
Mrs Harris Goes to Paris
I have said it before – I’m easily amused. This is shown by the fact I can’t tell a joke without laughing before the punchline, having a quirky sense of humour and laughing at weird things!
This is the case with the latest ‘thing’ that took my fancy – the new movie Mrs Harris Goes to Paris. I wrote the following on my Facebook page, mainly to share my amusement with others, and to look back at our trips to Paris over the years. I couldn’t help myself, it just made me smile every time I heard Mrs Harris Goes to Paris mentioned. Of course I had to share my amusement with you 🙂
With all the talk about a new movie called ‘Mrs Harris goes to Paris’ I couldn’t let this moment go by.
Your very own Mrs Harris (aka ME!) was in Paris at this time of the year back in 2011 with many family members – husband, parents, sister, 2 daughters, 1 future son-in-law & a visit from 1 exchange daughter. It was a great feat of organisation to get us all there at the same time believe me but so worth it! Then we parted and did a 2 week Barge and Bike trip from Paris to Bruge with my parents (aged in their early 70s at the time). Over 500kms cycled!
No fancy dresses were involved just comfy padded bike pants and wet weather gear, although we had to dress up a bit for Moulin Rouge – dad was adamant that we had to go there and arranged it all for us. What an experience it was too!
The first time we went to Paris was while on Teacher Exchange in 1992 & our first sight was the Eiffel Tower all lit up and looking golden. Eliza refused to believe it was the same place when we saw it in daylight the next day but then she was only 4 at the time!
Such great memories of the time this ‘Mrs Harris went to Paris’.
Some of my other LOVES this month
- Community spirit – strangers helping to fill sandbags to help others affected by floods
- The gift of reading I’d be lost without books – What’s on Your Bookshelf post
- Save Tumbarumba – a community meeting to hear how our merged council is nearly broke and what we can do about being de-merged 6 years on! Yes we are still fighting!
- The gift of colours in the garden despite all the rain we’ve had.
- Gift of travel memories – October is a great month for memories – Nepal in 2009, India in 2010, Europe in 2011 and 2017 to Fiji for my daughter’s destination wedding
- Spring Garden Festival with Open Gardens raising money for local community groups – and Tastebuds with wine tastings in Tumbarumba this coming weekend, let’s hope the rain holds off!
- Men’s Shed offering support for local men to get together.
- New sculptures along the Snowy Valleys Sculpture Trail
- Being involved in Rotary projects including triobikes and our upcoming 60th birthday celebrations (delayed from 2021 due to Covid).
My Gifts so far this year
It’s been a great way to look for the GIFTS in the everyday with my WOTY this year:
- September had me looking at the Gift of Unconditional Love
- In July I shared the Gift of Health before heading off for a month overseas (and I took a blogging break)
- June saw me enjoy the Gift of Sunshine
- May was all about the Gift of daughters and birthdays
- April had me enjoying Gifts that keep on giving
- March had me asking the question ‘Is it even a Gift if you buy it yourself?’
- In February I celebrated Gifts in all shapes and sizes
- January I was just getting started with the Gift of GivingI
- In early January I announced my WOTY GIFT for 2022
Hope you can join us for the linkup.
- Donna’s post is here – Stand by Me
- Sue’s post is here – all about being in Tasmania
- Jo is away travelling this month
Is it time to start thinking about a Word of the Year for 2023??
Thanks for stopping by and I always enjoy hearing from you 🙂
PS. I haven’t seen the movie yet, have you?
You’re invited to our link party! So what’s it all about?
This year I’m joining my lovely friends and co-hosts, Donna, Jo and Sue, to provide a link party for anyone who also wants to write a monthly update to help keep the focus on their WOTY. We’re hoping you can join us.
What: 2022 Word of the Year Link Party #2022wotylinkparty
When: Last Thursday of the month PM (Northern Hemisphere)/ Last Friday of the month AM (Southern Hemisphere). The link will be open for 3 days so you’ve got plenty of time to join. The next linkup will be Friday 25 November 2022 – mark your diary now!
Why: To encourage us all to keep the focus on our chosen WOTY.
Where: Link Party, Blog, Blog Comments, Instagram or other Social Media.
Who: This linkup is open to everyone.
How: You can share in the comments, with a blog post, or on other social media of your choice. Include the hashtag #2022wotylinkparty so that we can find you and include your link in our posts. Whichever way you choose to share, don’t forget to leave a note in the comments so we can find you.
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.
A tragic accident at age 17, resulting in a Bravery Award from the Queen, didn’t deter Debbie from travelling the world. A young retiree, after being made redundant from her 22 year career managing education programs in a men’s correctional centre, she now loves reading, blogging, riding her ebike and a good cup of tea! Also known as Granny Debs to her 4 grandchildren.
Copyright © 2022 debs-world.com – All rights reserved