The MOB returns

I’m baaack!  My MOB badge

My MOB status has been invoked for the second time as baby daughter moves into the countdown zone.  And I couldn’t be happier!

We have a wedding planned for October 2017 in Fiji no less! And I’m told it will be a VERY small affair.

So we are in countdown mode and the way this year has flown I know it will come around very quickly.  There isn’t much to do now that B2B and G2B have decided on the location and the date.  It is all booked in and all I really have to do is buy a dress and turn up.  Sounds easy!

The beautiful couple (I’m not biased at all) have been together for over 6 years and on Christmas Day 2015 we received an excited phone call to tell us of the proposal and, of course, the very beautiful and special ring.

eliza2  All grown up

Daughter #2 was married in November 2016 so they are nearly at their first anniversary! Where has the time gone since that gorgeous day last year?

I am looking forward to this next year of getting everything (!) sorted and with my recent work issues it is something positive to focus on and look forward to.

So bring on the next 12 months!  I’ll keep you posted.

Deb (MOB take 2)

Note 1: For those of you not in the know here are the meanings of various acronyms.

MOB = Mother of the Bride

FOB = Father of the Bride

B2B -Bride to be

G2B – Groom to be

Note 2: B2B wrote this beautiful guest post for me a few years ago, it’s very special!

One thought on “The MOB returns

1. October 10, 2016 at 5:28 pm

O oh.

2. October 10, 2016 at 5:30 pm

BTW B2B is just like MOB – beautiful.

• October 10, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Aww thanks so much for that Louise! She’s a real little cutie and such fun!

3. October 11, 2016 at 8:41 am

Wow she looks so much like you. How wonderful!

• October 11, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Thanks so much for that Desley! I can’t see it myself but others have said the same thing. If I’m honest, I really can’t disown any of my daughters, they all have a certain look that gives them away as mine! Not that I want to disown them, but they might want to disown me sometimes!

4. October 11, 2016 at 9:08 pm

So exciting Debbie. The countdown continues … 🙂

5. October 13, 2016 at 1:33 am

{me, jumping up and down happily for you}

You and I can be sharing our stories of excitement together! Son #1 and his partner announced their engagement on the weekend and I’ve been beside myself with excitement ever since! At least you have a date to focus on now. I’m still in a holding pattern 🙂
    It’s the most wonderful feeling in the world to see your children happy and in love ❤

• October 13, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Fantastic news! I agree with you – it’s a great feeling to have your children happy and know they’ve found the right person for them. I’ve known about the date and place for a while but it’s just sinking in that it’s only a year away! Enjoy the adventure as it unfolds 🙂

6. October 16, 2016 at 4:50 pm