How to elope with your family tagging along

How to elope and have your family tag along too!

Melanie, from The Wandering Darlings, has just shared this great post about the elopement of her sister which turned into a small intimate family wedding in beautiful Fiji. I just had to share it with you!!

Wedding in Fiji

Wedding in Fiji

The post is in the form of a question and answer session where you learn about the process involved in organising a destination wedding from the bride herself.

Why did they choose Fiji, why did the family end up tagging along, how big was the wedding, what was required to get married overseas? Read the post for these answers and much much more!

via Travel, Love and Weddings- An Elopement to a Weddding Abroad

This post is very close to my heart as it involves both my daughters – my eldest daughter is interviewing her youngest sister 🙂

As the MOB (Mother of the Bride) I also get a mention 🙂 and you may recall that I wrote a series of posts about my journey as MOB and relished the two very different styles of weddings we’ve had so far.  I wrote a very heartfelt piece about the Thoughts of a Destination Wedding soon after returning from Fiji.

Family photo at daughter's destination wedding in Fiji

Family photo

Melanie also wrote a similar post about her other sister’s wedding – Planning a wedding with someone from another country – the logistics are very different when most of the guests are coming from half way across the world.

I just love reading these posts as they bring the memories flooding back! It’s going to be interesting to see what Melanie does when/if she ever decides to get married 🙂

Please go and read Melanie’s post and leave a comment for her there, especially if you have thoughts of your own to add or you’ve been down this path yourself.

I hope you enjoy it too!

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “How to elope with your family tagging along

1. February 27, 2018 at 4:31 pm

aww such a nice post wish them best of luck in life 🙂

2. February 27, 2018 at 8:37 pm

I love that this was a destination wedding, but also a family wedding. You guys are familygoals, ha! xox

• February 27, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Thanks Lorna, it was so much fun having the family there. Much better than an elopement, how would that be fun without the MOB??

3. rachaelstray
    February 27, 2018 at 9:54 pm

I love posts like this. Destination weddings always sound so dreamy!

4. March 1, 2018 at 10:24 am

Thanks so much Mum! So glad you like it and shared it. So much fun looking back on both of them. Great family times xx

• March 1, 2018 at 3:01 pm

That’s what mothers do, reblog their daughter’s posts, especially ones like this!! It was so much fun we should do it all over again. Xx

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )