Is this the end of the world or am I just being overly dramatic?

The Apocalypse or an overly heightened sense of imagination?

As someone who reads a lot of apocalyptic, end of the world type books, I am currently feeling a bit on edge.

Why?

The weather at the moment, here in the state of New South Wales (Australia), lends itself to an apocalyptic novel.

In my town we are experiencing storms, heavy rain and freezing temperatures.

It is late in November and just a few days ago we were enjoying pleasant nearly summer temperatures of mid to high 20 degrees celsius. Yesterday and today we are lucky to get into double digits. Currently it’s 7 degrees.

Did I mention it’s cold here?  People are lighting their fires, switching their air conditioners back to warm and snow has fallen less than an hours drive away from where I live. (The photo below isn’t a recent one but demonstrates my point).

Then just a few hours north there are bushfires raging – yes and it’s hot and incredibly windy there.  People are struggling to save property and lives.

Added to all this is a huge dust storm blowing in from the west, with people being warned to take care, especially those with respiratory issues.

As I sit here all bundled up feeling miserable, I do feel for those in danger. This photo shows how I feel 😦

Foggy view

It just got personal

I also feel for my daughter who had her late night flight cancelled at the last minute, which means her plans to attend her best friend’s wedding as bridesmaid is up in the air*; her plans to meet and spend time with her sister and meet her new little niece in a relaxed time frame may not happen; her plans to enjoy coming home for the first time in ages are in jeopardy and the plans of a mother to enjoy a family weekend are now looking a bit unlikely but not entirely out of the question.

And no I’m not being overly dramatic here folks, I’m stating the facts.

I’m miserable.

And if I can’t share this with you my blogging friends and family, who can I share it with?

So here’s hoping the day gets better,

that my daughter’s rescheduled flight arrives on time,

that the weather clears for the wedding tomorrow,

that the rain we have here goes to where it’s needed,

that the dust storm blows itself out.

And that it isn’t actually the end of the world – I’m not quite ready for that just yet.

I think I’ll just go for a walk in the rain.

To answer my own question – perhaps I am, maybe, being a bit overly dramatic!

Deb xx

*Sorry not sorry for that one, at least I haven’t lost my sense of humour.

Are you on Instagram? Check out Deb’s World here: Instagram for photo updates

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestG+Facebook,  Flipboard and Mix

You can contact me by clicking here

Midlife is an adventure

One thought on “Is this the end of the world or am I just being overly dramatic?

1. November 23, 2018 at 12:00 pm

I do hope your daughter’s flight gets out. One of the advantages to living somewhere where snowstorms happen half of the year is that we have the equipment to keep things going. Hope all are safe where you are Deb. Xo

Liked by 2 people

• November 23, 2018 at 4:37 pm

Thanks for your comment Sue, it’s not like me to stress too much but it all got to me this morning. I’ll be fine once they all get here.

Liked by 2 people

2. November 23, 2018 at 1:44 pm

It does all feel a bit apocalyptic, doesn’t it. This unpredictable weather and arctic blast that’s hit us is just so crazy. Here’s hoping that everything settles down, that your daughters flight arrives on time and you all have a happy weekend. Just as quickly as this crazy weather’s hit it’ll probably dissipate. Take care, stay safe and smile! xx 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• November 23, 2018 at 4:36 pm

Thanks for your thoughts Miriam. They’re on their way now so I’m hoping all will work out OK. You’re right it will be over before we know it and the sun will shine again in a few days time. It all just got to me this morning. I’m smiling 🙂

3. November 23, 2018 at 2:24 pm

Hope your daughter gets there safely – and soon x

• November 23, 2018 at 4:33 pm

Thanks Toni, I hope it all works out too, it’s been quite stressful!

4. Nancy
    November 23, 2018 at 2:58 pm

Sharing your frustration is a healthy exercise…hope your daughter gets where she’s going in time to be where she needs to be.
    Nancy

• November 23, 2018 at 4:33 pm

Thanks Nancy! It seems to have worked, they’re on their rescheduled flight as we speak. Then a 3 hour drive…

5. November 23, 2018 at 4:25 pm

The weather’s been all over the place in WA too – rain/heat/cold/windy – just weird. Maybe it’s El Nino or whatever we used to blame it on – rather than the apocalypse? Hope your daughter gets here with enough time to enjoy some special family moments – and for her bridesmaid duties xx

• November 23, 2018 at 4:32 pm

Thanks Leanne, she’s at least on a plane at the moment so that’s good start! Grandbaby Emilia is on her first road trip to see us so it’s all happening now. It’s still raining and cold but I can cope with that if everything else happens as it should. I’m feeling better than I did this morning, let’s put it that way!

6. November 23, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Hi, Debbie – I hope that your daughter was able to get a rescheduled flight. Sending warm thoughts your way!

• November 23, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Thank you Donna, yes she has landed and now has a three hour drive ahead of her, to get home to mumma!

7. November 23, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Weather, there is no sense to it at times I see in the comments your daughter is on her way and sometimes these things heighten our senses …I am sure the sun will come out and all will be well in your part of the world…Take care 🙂 x

• November 25, 2018 at 8:17 pm

Yes you’re right Carol, the sun came out today and all is right with my world again. Thanks for your caring thoughts. x

8. November 23, 2018 at 11:12 pm

Wow, those are some extreme weather conditions to be happening all within an hour of each other. I hope the apocalypse backs off and your daughter gets home in a timely manner.

• November 25, 2018 at 8:16 pm

Thanks so much Jennifer, she made it!! We had less time together but it was still good to have two of my three girls home for the weekend and the grandbaby too. We were able to talk with our other daughter by facetime so it all ended up good weekend. Today the sun came out!

9. November 23, 2018 at 11:15 pm

Hope everything turns out alright and the weather improves. We’re getting temperatures like that but it’s nearing winter here!

10. November 24, 2018 at 12:23 am

Put your purple wellies on and go jump in the puddles. That will cheer you up

Liked by 2 people

• November 24, 2018 at 11:35 am

Hahaha, spoken like a true daughter and something I would say to mine 🙂 Hope alls well for you both!

• November 24, 2018 at 1:12 pm

Thanks Melanie and Suz! Melanie’s comment made me smile and I’m feeling much better now. You’re quite right it is spoken like a true daughter 😊 all is well now except we wish Melanie and Craig were here with us too.

• November 24, 2018 at 1:08 pm

What a great idea!! Missing you 👋

11. November 24, 2018 at 6:11 am

Hi Deb, the weather certainly is crazy and no you aren’t being over-dramatic. We all need to vent at times and say how we feel – I seem to remember someone named Debbie giving me that advice a few weeks ago 🙂 Do you hope your daughter arrives safely and you all get to spend some time together. Sending you love and hugs, my friend. xx

• November 25, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Thanks for your support Sue, it’s always lovely to have your caring thoughtful comments. Our daughter arrived safely and although our time together was reduced, it was still fun. I’m also good at giving advice but not always taking it – like many of us!! Hope you’re going well with everything you’ve got happening.

12. November 24, 2018 at 10:27 am

Still praying for ya! Have a great and safe weekend 😂

13. November 24, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Oh Debs I hope it all works out for you & your daughters. The weather around the world does seem to be a little extreme in places. Funny but I’ve just written a post about how I’ve been feeling a little down lately, which is very unlike me, but I do put it down to the change in weather. I hope you’re feeling a little more perky Debs xx

14. November 25, 2018 at 1:36 pm

We had weird weather here in Houston, last year. First a hurricane, then a crazy cold winter, with enough snow to make tiny snowmen! We lost power in the hurricane and lost water during the deep freeze. I’m hoping this year stays mild! Hoping your daughter makes it to the wedding as well, and that things stabilize there!

• November 25, 2018 at 8:08 pm

I would find it hard to live somewhere with hurricanes! I hope for your sake the winter stays mild for you too. Our daughter made it in time and we all enjoyed spending time together. Thanks so much for your concern Bethany 🙂

15. November 30, 2018 at 8:54 pm

Sounds like this weekend is going to be a scorcher!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )