Running with the Black Cockatoos

You’ve heard of running with the bulls, well today I went running with the black cockatoos!

In Australia black cockatoos indicate rain is on the way but there was hardly a cloud in the sky and it was a very warm 27 degrees celsius at 6pm.

It felt so good to be back out there in my own space, singing aloud to the music pumping in my ears, my brain automatically switched itself into creative mode and my body felt good to be moving.

I walked some, I ran some, I took in the fresh air, the gum trees and the familiar views, all the while keeping a watchful eye out for snakes in the grass.The cockatoos swirled above me screeching their own songs.

I haven’t run for over four weeks, as I’ve been away travelling, and although I was active with walking and cycling, I didn’t do any running.

I think I missed it.

Did I say it felt good??

Deb πŸ™‚

One thought on “Running with the Black Cockatoos

1. November 29, 2017 at 10:31 pm

You sound happy to be home Deb. And why wouldn’t you be? You live in such a beautiful area. And yes, rain is on its way. A lot of it I think.

Liked by 2 people

• November 30, 2017 at 8:43 am

Yes you’re right Miriam, lots of rain coming our way! I am glad to be home, normally I don’t want to come home but this time I was ready to get back and take the time to enjoy my beautiful surroundings, and the warmer weather.

2. November 29, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Yes have a look at the radar. Heaps of rain.Those black cockatoos know their weather. Glad you enjoyed your run.

• November 30, 2017 at 8:41 am

I know, we have heaps of rain coming! Those birds are pretty spot on with their forecasting πŸ™‚

3. November 30, 2017 at 5:02 am

Birds and spring a dicey combination πŸ˜ƒ There is even rain in Spain and a cold spell arriving soon!

• November 30, 2017 at 8:38 am

I’m sure Spain is still a beautiful place in the rain! I’s going to bucket it down here in a day or two, the cockatoos are very accurate!

• November 30, 2017 at 8:48 am

Oh, the birds I was referring to were magpies who just happened to bomb me while I was taking photos under a tree which of course was holding their nests! Yes, Spain is still a beautiful place in the rain, which is desperately needed over here. You are right about the cockatoos. Just like most animals, they sense a change in weather or a disaster is on the way.

4. November 30, 2017 at 7:40 am

Dad always relied on the black cockatoos. If you see three, then you will have rain in three days.

5. November 30, 2017 at 8:58 am

That’s great that you felt good to be running again Deb. I have to say that when I read tales of my Australian blogging friends and the snakes I want to scream β€œGet on a treadmill!” All right I have that out of my system. πŸ™‚

• November 30, 2017 at 5:04 pm

I’m with you sometimes Sue, especially when I get a bit freaked out about snakes, but usually I’m so ‘in the zone’ I forget about them – which could be a bit dangerous!! I must admit I really don’t like treadmills much. Thanks for your concern and I’m glad you’ve now got it out of your system! πŸ™‚

• December 4, 2017 at 3:12 pm

I do believe only an Australian could ‘forget’ about lethal snakes they might step on. Holy moly girl keep your eyes keen for the slithering type. Wowza!

6. November 30, 2017 at 11:19 am

Love those black cockatoos ❀ we get them here whenever there are storms coming.

• November 30, 2017 at 4:00 pm

They are pretty special aren’t they?
      Good luck this weekend!!

7. November 30, 2017 at 12:49 pm

I totally love Black Cockatoos Deb xx

• November 30, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Thanks Deb, they are so clever knowing when it’s going to rain the way they do.

8. www.retirementreflections.com
    December 4, 2017 at 1:39 pm

You definitely lost me at needing to watch out for snakes in the grass. But everything else sounded very uplifting!