April Awesomeness in a Sentence a Day

April – in a Sentence a Day

April 2018

April in Tumbarumba is a beautiful time – as evidenced by my autumn spam on my social media – I just love it so much!! Here’s just a few of my favourites.

Our three month trip to see our daughter in the UK and to catch up with friends all over Europe, is getting closer every day and by the time you read this (in early May) we should be just about on our way.  And that means the Annual Blogger’s Bash is on very soon too, on May 19th – I was nominated in the Hidden Gem category so I’m thrilled to be attending the awards with my blogging daughter.  Voting has now closed.

I must admit to having a few ‘moments’ in the lead up to our trip and I wrote about them in this post – Time for another adventure and the guilt set in – I’m feeling better after getting it out of my system!

Read on for more April Awesomeness:

1. Sunday: I helped out as a support person for the Easter Feast of Cycling group that was in town – it was a beautiful autumn day and great fun!
  2. Monday: I went for a walk/run and then we drove to the Sir George pub in Jugiong (1.5hrs away) for lunch with our daughter and son-in-law.
  3. Tuesday: An early morning walk before a beauty treatment.
  4. Wednesday: My daughter felt the baby move for the first time – so exciting!
  5. Thursday: A day of helping a friend with some computer issues and a walk.
  6. Friday: The Annual Blogger’s Bash Awards nominations announced and voting opened – I’m nominated in the Hidden Gem category and and am very honoured to be in such elite company! I posted this fun read about my first grandbaby 🙂
  7. Saturday: Social Saturday bike ride followed by a film crew interviewing us about the Rail Trail, which is to be started soon. Dinner and a movie with friends.
  8. Sunday: I had the most divine massage today! Finally finished and published the hardest post I’ve ever written – What I’ve learnt from surviving a school trip that went terribly wrong
  9. Monday: Discussion group over lunch then book-club at my house that evening – I had a busy day!
  10. Tuesday: A quiet day at home.
  11. Wednesday: A morning in town, morning tea with friends and a relaxing afternoon walk – I love being retired 🙂
  12. Thursday: An eye appointment in Wagga Wagga (3 hour round trip) then drove to Canberra (3 hours) for night with our daughter and son-in-law.
  13. Friday: Drove to my parents-in-law’s place and collected my sister-in-law from train for the weekend.
  14. Saturday: Our niece’s 18th birthday – it was a small gathering at a winery with wine tasting and a delicious lunch.
  15. Sunday: Drove home (5 hours) into a wet cold afternoon. We badly need the rain as our tanks are almost empty.
  16. Monday: I had my Whooping cough/Tetanus/Diphtheria injection in readiness for our trip away and the baby due in September. I don’t like needles much but it’s worth it!
  17. Tuesday: Cleaned the house in preparation of my mother’s visit tomorrow with my Aunt from UK.
  18. Wednesday: Collect mum and Aunty Carol from Wagga airport and drive them home.
  19. Thursday: A fun day showing our visitors around our beautiful local area – Sugar Pine Walk, Pilot Hill, Paddy’s River Falls, Nest Cinema Cafe, Mannus Lake – and the weather was once again superb.
  20. Friday: A road trip around the Snowy Mountains with our visitors – Khancoban, Scammel’s lookout to view the main range, the Snowy Hydro power plants,  Corryong – the Man from Snowy River town – all great places to visit.
  21. Saturday: Saturday morning social catch up with friends, then a late lunch at our favourite local vineyard.
  22. Sunday: Up early and a slow meandering drive to Melbourne taking in some of the interesting towns along the way – Holbrook, the submarine town; Beechworth; Milawa – all busy with tourists out enjoying the warm weather just like us.
  23. Monday: A lovely day in Melbourne started with a run around the streets of Kew,  and a special birthday dinner for my brother-in-law’s special birthday that night.

My sister and her husband on his birthday

My sister and her husband on his birthday

24. Tuesday:  Drive home from Melbourne after a work out with my sister at her local gym – it was hard work!
  25. Wednesday: ANZAC Day and dinner with visiting friends – another glorious day.
  26. Thursday: A day at home to organise travel plans and start the process of packing, followed by Movie Club for dinner and a surprise movie.
  27. Friday: Dinner out with friends, always great to hear what’s been going on.
  28. Saturday: A delightful relaxing social catch up with friends over coffee in the warm sunshine, a walk and then a concert by a talented group, The Mae Trio.
  29. Sunday: A lovely early morning walk up the hill overlooking town, followed by a superb and well deserved massage.  A relaxing day, packing and getting organised.
  30. Monday: Our Discussion group met at my place for lunch today and this next chapter was all about Recipes and Reviews.  I’ll be writing a summary post very soon.

Well that was April! I’m now packed, the house-sitter is organised and I’m almost ready to go!

Bring on May, June and July 🙂

Once again, I’m linking up with other bloggers from all over the world who also compile their month in a Sentence a Day.

I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to in April – leave me a message below 🙂

Deb xx

April in a sentence a day

Pin for later!

You can also follow Deb’s World here – let’s connect!

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

Contact page

Nominated in Hidden Gem award for 2018 Bloggers Bash awards

One thought on “April Awesomeness in a Sentence a Day

1. May 3, 2018 at 4:21 pm

It is so exciting when the baby moves for the first time Deb isn’t it? Congratulations on your nomination and it is very exciting. You will be in countdown mode now for your trip! Enjoy xx

• May 4, 2018 at 4:12 pm

Yes the trip has started Sue, we’re in Canberra now and have taken our daughter out for a birthday lunch with dinner out tonight as well!

• May 5, 2018 at 5:12 am

Oh yay! It is always so exciting when you finally start a trip isn’t it? Hope your daughter is keeping well. Safe travels xx

2. Is This Mutton?
    May 3, 2018 at 5:59 pm

I love reading about life in Australia with a different season. Congrats on the blog nomination, and on the grand baby. It was good to have links to your other posts too.

• May 4, 2018 at 4:14 pm

Many thanks for reading and leaving a comment 😊 it’s also weird seeing spring shots when it’s autumn here, so I know what you mean! Thanks for the congrats too, I’m chuffed to be in such good company with the nomination but the grand baby takes the cake!!

3. May 3, 2018 at 8:53 pm

Congretulations on your nomination! very nice to meet you!

4. May 3, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Good luck for Bloggers Bash. I’ve voted for you and will be eargerly watching out for the winners. I love the idea of Sentence a Day. Really enjoyed reading about what you were up to in April

• May 4, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Thanks for voting Jen, it’s much appreciated. I enjoy keeping notes of the days and sharing my months!!

5. May 4, 2018 at 1:15 am

Your photos are gorgeous, Deb! And your upcoming trip sounds absolutely fabulous! So looking forward to following along virtually with you, particularly if you continue to include such wonderful photography.

• May 4, 2018 at 4:23 pm

Thanks Tamara, I love including photos in my posts and appreciate your comments. It’s always a bit weird seeing the opposite season as you say but in a good way!!

6. May 4, 2018 at 1:18 am

And it always makes me smile to read the flip of what is happening seasonally there compared to here in the northern hemisphere of the USA. Spring here, fall there . . . it’s all good!!

• May 5, 2018 at 8:07 pm

Thanks Tamara! I love taking photos and sharing our travels. Enjoy your spring time.

7. Jodie
    May 4, 2018 at 1:31 am

What a fabulous month, Deb!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

• May 4, 2018 at 4:24 pm

Yes! Another great month Jodie, life sure is good 😊❤️

8. May 4, 2018 at 3:22 am

Absolutely love the images, Debbie! Rock on girly!

• May 4, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Thanks Bren, so glad you enjoyed them, that’s made my day 😊

9. May 4, 2018 at 4:29 am

As spring springs where I live, it is so odd to see pictures of autumn! But it is my favorite season too so I love seeing your beautiful pictures of fall in all its glory. Good luck at the Bash!

• May 4, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Thanks, I’m happy just to be nominated 😊 I’m off to have spring in UK in a few days time so it will feel a bit weird after all the autumn colours!!

10. May 4, 2018 at 8:16 am

Congrats on your nomination and best wishes! Oh to have Autumn all year round, I love Autumn in Northern California, but spring has been beautiful this year!

• May 4, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Thanks so much Terri, I’ll be sure to let you know how it all goes at the Bash!! Enjoy your spring time

11. Retirement Reflections
    May 4, 2018 at 8:16 am

Remind me again — you feared that you would be bored in retirement? Thank you for sharing this dynamic slice of your life. Enjoy your upcoming trip and Bloggers Bash. I am totally jealous!

• May 4, 2018 at 4:28 pm

Thanks so much for your support Donna, we’re on the move today!! I’m really enjoying life, in case you can’t tell!! 😊

12. May 4, 2018 at 8:28 am

Let me get this right you are nominated in the Hidden Gem category, so am I. You are coming to the Bash, so am I , so looking forward to meeting you and your daughter. Love reading your monthly blog. 😁

• May 4, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Yes that’s right!! We’ll get to meet up at the Bash. Good luck to you too, we’re both winners already 😊

13. May 4, 2018 at 11:44 am

What a great April you had and beautiful photos, Deb! Enjoy your upcoming trip and the Bloggers Bash.

• May 4, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Thanks so much Natalie, it’s going to be a real buzz!!

14. May 4, 2018 at 10:39 pm

Gorgeous post! Life sounds so exciting for you at the moment. Enjoy it all my friend. xo 🙂

15. May 5, 2018 at 1:52 am

I had gone on the site to vote for a couple blogs that I knew were in the running and ran across your nomination so you also got a vote. You had a busy month. Your pictures are beautiful. I think we sometimes forget all of the wonderful places at home there is to visit until company comes. Have a great week.

• May 5, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Thanks for the vote! Much appreciated 😊 it’s always funny how good it is to be reminded of your own areas beauty. Thanks for visiting 😊

16. May 5, 2018 at 7:57 am

You definitely had a packed month!

17. May 6, 2018 at 12:06 am

I haven’t seen the ‘month in a sentence’ type post before, so it was really fun and interesting to read and learn a bit about you. Your life is full and enjoyable for sure! Thanks for sharing, and I’ll be looking forward to the month of May 🙂

• May 7, 2018 at 1:37 pm

Thanks Candi, enjoy May and I’ll enjoy reading all about it 😊

18. mommyhon333
    May 8, 2018 at 1:49 am

Deb, your photography is just lovely. It seems everyone featured beautiful photos for April. Can’t believe how far you have to drive to the eye doctor, for example. Bless your heart. I need not complain about driving 20 minutes to Target!

I am shaking after reading your “What I’ve Learned From Surviving a School Trip” post. Just sitting here shaking my head and thinking how terrifying and painful that night was and its memory continues to be. Bless your sweet heart. We just had a similar accident in my former school district where two adults died in the crash and a bus full of teenagers were stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Yay for massages. I think my Prince and I are overdue!

• May 8, 2018 at 8:14 pm

Thanks for the comment about my photography, I’m trying hard to improve. I enjoy using my own photos in my posts too. I love these monthly posts 😊

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )