Not so manic Monday

Now that I’m not working anymore 🙂 Mondays don’t have that awful Manic Monday feel to them – in fact every day is pretty cruisy.

This morning I had an early morning walk booked in with a friend and this gorgeous view was on display from my front door. I love the layers of rippling red, yellow and orange. It was well worth the effort of getting up early!

Monday morning

By the time we met up at 6.30am the colour had drained from the sky and it was warming up.  Another high 30 degree celcius day is forecast so it’s a good idea to get a walk in early!

Here are some other shots I’ve taken lately while out walking/running which I shared to my Instagram account (@debs__world).

I’m enjoying my ‘changed’ circumstances much more than I ever  thought possible.  I’m walking and running regularly and apart from a niggly calf muscle I’m feeling great.

Have a great not so manic Monday and a fantastic week ahead!

PS. You can follow Deb’s World on Twitter  @wonderwomandebz and on Instagram

One thought on “Not so manic Monday

1. January 23, 2017 at 11:31 am

A very good post.Thanks for sharing!

• January 23, 2017 at 11:36 am

Thanks for visiting me!! And leaving a comment 😀 happy Monday.

2. January 23, 2017 at 11:39 am

thoroughly envious of your cruisey life 🙂 love the pic of the evening light in the paddock…magic

• January 23, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Thanks Julie, that’s my favourite too. It was a beautiful evening. I’m surprising myself with how good I’m feeling especially as I went through so much from May – December but maybe that’s why I’m coping because it’s all over and I’ve let go…..thanks again for the comment.

3. January 23, 2017 at 12:29 pm

I don’t like manic Mondays either. Sounds like a lovely way to spend a Monday morning 🙂

• January 23, 2017 at 1:13 pm

It was great and I’m now able to spend the day staying out of the heat. Enjoy!

4. January 23, 2017 at 1:38 pm

What a beautiful sunrise. Like you said worth getting up early for.I start back at work later this week but normally have Mondays off> You are right they are manic. I love cruising into work and everyone is calm not manic. Hope your calf muscle improves and enjoy that fit feeling. Have a good week. Louise

5. January 23, 2017 at 5:22 pm

I’m just getting up – 06.15. It’s 1°C here so pretty chilly. I’m off to work but it doesn’t feel manic. I’ll take my time, make lunch for my son and husband, have a lovely bowl of porridge then drive 35′ to Bristol for an 8 am start.
    Mind you, now that I’ve spent five mins writing this I may have to push on a bit!!
    Lovely pics as usual. I love a good sunrise. xx

• January 23, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Thanks – I feel your pain but don’t want to swap places just at the moment!! Hope you had a great day. 🙂

• January 24, 2017 at 10:38 am

Thanks Deb, half day at work then I did a 1200m swim before eating too much chocolate 🙂

• January 24, 2017 at 10:49 am

Sounds like a great day! Just been out on the bike for a quick 12kms. Bit cooler and overcast today. Nice!

6. January 23, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Great pictures. Something I don’t miss is that Monday morning feeling, or even Sunday evening feeling if I knew the day ahead was going to be difficult. It’s a useful barometer to keep in mind. I started to feel that way about one of my volunteer jobs and, because I don’t need to put myself through that any more, I could just resign. I’m still skipping off happily to my other roles.

• January 23, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Good for you Anabel – I love the skipping off happily bit 🙂

7. January 23, 2017 at 8:08 pm

How wonderful, all the time in the world to blog and take photographs. I’m jealous! Thanks for following Kyrosmagica, following you back. 🙂

8. January 23, 2017 at 9:26 pm

I’m so glad you’re enjoying it. That cloud shot is fabulous.

• January 23, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Thanks Desley, it’s one of my favourite pics too. So fluffy it could be snow!

• January 23, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Exactly what I was thinking! I’ve been seeing lots of snow pics lately.

9. January 23, 2017 at 11:17 pm

Happy Monday, Deb 🙂
    After retirement, manic days have a different meaning … in my case, they’re usually self-inflicted 🙂
    Hope you have a wonderful week!

10. January 24, 2017 at 9:39 pm

You crazy lady. You don’t have to get up for work and you are out meeting friends at 6.30AM. I guess you are a morning person 🙂

• January 25, 2017 at 9:43 am

Haha!! Yes I am crazy, my daughters made the same comment about why aren’t I sleeping in now that I can!! There’s a few reasons actually, I’m awake so I might as well get up, it’s been really hot so I get my exercise done before the heat hits and I set it as a thing to do in place of getting up and going to work so I wouldn’t feel the loss of work too badly. I can assure you I’m not missing it 🙂 I guess I must be a morning person. Thanks for your comment Ruth, it made me laugh 🙂

• January 25, 2017 at 7:08 pm

You’ll miss the people, but I reckon you won’t actually miss work for at least six months. Enjoy your mornings 🙂